Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 7--WOD is: Rest...ish

I was unable to get the LQ again today.  I ended up meandering 30 miles to Tempe.  There is a storm coming in tonight, so the weather man says...I got a hotel once again.  I kind of had to.  My last bout with rain made me realize I need to be very prepared for it.
I got a heavy duty water repellent spray for my bags and I have put everything in zip lock bags.  I think I am water proof now.  I hope so at least.....I am going to kill some miles tomorrow. Bang them out you might even say.  These last two days have seemed like I am a bum because I have only went about 70 miles...very easy miles at that.  I am well rested now and I think it is go time.  I have a chicken salad ready for breakfast and all my bags are packed.--minus my clothes as I did some bathtub laundry tonight.  Yet again I have clothes hanging all over the place.
Jason flew off today and it has been kind of sad.  The rest of the trip just wont be the same.  I suppose I will just have to figure out how to entertain myself.  Before he left I canned his bike.....that is cannibalized his stuff.  He gave me his handle bar bag and his solar panel charger to use for the trip.  I had to do some work on my bike to make it fit, but it is good to go now. (another reason I decided on one more hotel stay.)
I went down to soak in the hot tub and met a cool family.  The father was a retired AF officer out of Davis-Monthan.  Cool dude.  His wife was super nice as well.  Their daughter is into biking as well and is soon to do some touring.  I have been amazed at how may bikers there are on my journey so far.  Good luck to you Danielle!
One last thing before I watch the back of my eyelids--Thank you Grandma Fife for your donation to the cause.  I miss you and hope to see you soon!  With that, goodnight, and get ready for some serious miles.

2 comments:

  1. So I have tried to write a comment twice, sorry if it comes through a couple times...
    It was great to meet you and inspiring, it made it hard to come to work today as I just wanted to be on the road! Good luck with your ride, and hopefully in the spring you could join us for the Arizona Trail adventure.
    Danell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to meet you too! Find me on Facebook and we will keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete