Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 12--Please E-mail me Some Motivation. I lost mine.

Today kind of blew.  I planned on going about 80 miles but I had no energy.  Couple that with a head wind and leg cramps and other problems--it just didn't go as expected.
I had a new seat sent to Buckhorn.  I was excited and expected it to be the answer to all of my problems.  It is called a Spiderflex.  I expected it to be awesome sauce right out of the gate.  It wasn't.  At all.  I will give it another chance later on, but for now, I am going back to my torture device of a seat I have been on.
I woke up early--I actively tried to sleep in but was up by 6.  There was ice on my tent.  I was warm in my bag but as soon as I got out of it--Lets just say severe nippage occurred.
There was a strong easterly wind which excited me.  A tailwind is a great, grand, and groovy thing to have.  It was so strong that when I pulled my tent stakes it blew my tent away.  I really thought it was going to be a great day.  Once I got all packed up I picked up my new seat.  I spent the next 20 miles trying to dial it in with no luck.  It just didn't feel right.
So, I got going after that, still the new seat hoping it started to feel right.  It never did in the measly 40 miles I managed today.
I just had zero energy.  I had no gas in my tanks.  It was well after dark by the time I got into Silver City NM.  I really didn't perform like I wanted to today.
I did get a hotel tonight and soaked in the tub with Epson salt....even though I think tubs are grooooos.  I also got a steak.  A huge one.  I had to restrain myself from eating it like a caveman with my hands.
Tomorrow I have a few big climbs.  After that though I descend 4000 feet.  I am hoping to get my first century of the trip tomorrow.  We will see what happens.  I think my fuel tanks are filled back up now.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing...I still can't believe you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your still hardcore in my book even if today just didn't happen. And if you did eat that steak like a caveman I would have damanded pics!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. D'z...

    No worries, just Tebow it.

    Big C

    ReplyDelete