Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 20--Part two

I am not as smart as my tablet so I have to do a part two...
Anyways, I walked for 30 minutes or so.
I swallowed my pride.
I stuck out my thumb.
It took a few miles but a guy picked me up and took me to Ozana Texas.  I owe 7 miles to the ride across the country.  I really feel bad about it.  My plan was to go the entire way on the hog.
Anyways, it is done.  And the whole urine in a bag story would have been way better if it had been a success.
I regret the decision to take I-10 to save miles and time.  In the end, I didn't save either.  Tomorrow I am heading north to San Angelo--the nearest bike shop is there.  I will be far off route at that point but I am done with the freeway for now.  I need tubes  Without tubes I can go nowhere.  Besides that, there is an Air Force base there so I can get a room on the cheap.
Well, that was my day.  I hope the rest of the trip goes better.  Peace out home slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment