Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 19--Thanksgiving and Stealth Camping

I slept in a little today and seriously considered staying the day in Ft Stockton for a nice little turkey day celebration.  In the end I decided to head on down the road, but at an easy pace and call any miles I got bonus miles.
Before I got out of town I passed a pit bull.  She waited a few seconds and then decided to eat me.  I got away but just barely...she was by far the most scary dog chase to date.  It was a good way to get the ol heart rate up quick.
I almost forgot; for breakfast I had some dehydrated spaghetti that Mons Larson gave me way back in Safford.  It was great!  Tasted like it was fresh out of the pan.
All day long I fought a side/head wind.  I didn't put a whole lot of effort into it as I figured they were all bonus miles.  I still would have liked to got a bit further than the 40 I ended up getting.
In the end I came to a little gas station that was closed.  I found some bushes off to the side and set my tent up there just before dark.  It was pretty hidden I think!
For dinner I made my cold tuna casserole with instant mashed potatoes and a bag of tuna, some oatmeal, yogurt pretzels, and some other random snack foods.  Probably not as good as your dinner, but satisfying none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment