Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 15--Motorcycle Air Fives

I get a kick out of the motorcycle guys who give me the standard motorcycle greeting.  Maybe you have seen this.  It is essentially a low five from a distance as you pass one another.  I think I get a kick out of it because I don't have a motor bike.  I have a bike.  I passed at least 100 bikers today and nearly half gave me the Air Low Five.  I am a part of their club (or gang. I have watched Sons of Anarchy--I know what Bike "clubs" do) and I didn't even have to buy a bike.  It is, I think, a sign of respect.  The Air Five is basically saying, "yeah, you don't have a bike but you are cool.  I give you a low five for that."  And I return it and say "thanks buddy".

Today was pretty cool.  I only made it about 60 miles but it was a nice day and very enjoyable.  I rode with one guy for a few miles and we talked bike talk.  I got two flats.  Both in the rear tire.  As soon as I pass a bike shop I am going to get some new tires.  Some super duper not going to puncture me tires.  I hate changing flats.
I made it into Texas today.  Either there wasn't a sign (for the picture) or I missed it, but I am in El Paso none the less.  4 states now.  That is cool.  I know TX will take a good long while to get across though!  I am going to shoot for no more than a week and a half.  That is me talking from the hip because I haven't really looked at how many miles it will take to get out of Texas.  I just know it is way big.
I am at a La Quinta again.  It is the last one for many moons.   Thanks Brenda for hooking it up.
On the way in to El Paso, into downtown, I came down a looong hill.  I was passing cars.  I don't know why that makes me happy, but it does.
Lastly, I meant to put this in yesterdays blog, but I forgot.  Thanks to Megan of La Quinta in Las Cruces.  She went out of her way to get me a ground floor room.  She also left a comment on here telling me that I didn't need to go through the hassle of bath tub laundry as the hotel had a laundry mat.  I did take my things over there early this morning and washed them properly.
With that, I am going to work on my bike for an hour and then it is sleepy time.  Until the next time, goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for another state! I finally got around to making a donation today. I love reading your blog, highly entertaining! You could make it into a book when you are done.

    ReplyDelete