Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 44--Bare Bones

Well, I mailed back the majority of my things this morning.  I only have my front bags now.  It felt like a big waste, but I threw away my rear bags.  Ten miles after that I cursed at myself because they were still repairable with a little duct tape.  Oh well.  Next tour I am getting a different kind anyhow. (waterproof)
I figured I would be able to fly after getting rid of all of that weight, but I had headwind and hills all day, but still averaged about 14 miles per hour.  I didn't get as far as I had hoped.  I wanted to be only about 50 miles away from the coast for a nice easy ride in to the end, but I still have about 80 or so to go.  I should be fine, just need to get an early start.
I cant say there was really any big events today.  The last 5 days has pretty much beat me down.  I have knocked out nearly 400 miles in 5 days.  300 in 3 days almost.  It has caught up with me and it is hard to go fast for long periods of time.  Still loving it though!
I guess all I have tonight is prepare yourselves for some good victory pictures!  I have some good ones in mind assuming I can get someone to help me with a photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment