Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 36--Almost to Mississippi






Today I woke up at 4 and got everything ready to go.  I was ready by 5, but waited until the sun came out at around 7 before I took off.  I planned to do about 100 miles if everything went ok.
Everything went great but I only made it 80 miles.  Now that it is flat, I did that amount in great time.  I stopped here in Sidell (I think that is what this place is called) because the next town after it is a good ways away.  I also only plan to go to Kessler AFB tomorrow, which is maybe 60 miles from here.  Should be a pretty easy day.
Highlights:  One dog chase.
Two toilets found. (Commode count = 7 now I think)
One bathtub found.
That is pretty much it though.
Every time I find a toilet, I am like "nooooo wayyyy.  Are you serious?"  The first one was not exactly right on the side of the road, but was visible so I count it.  The next one, which the whole event was probably the best part of the day, was actually in someone's yard and used as a flowerpot.  Yes.  It was used as a decoration for the yard.  "Nooooo Waaaayyyy!"  So here is what happened with this sweet find:  I am rolling along, minding my own business when I see a freaking toilet in someones front yard being used as a flower garden.  "Nooooo Wayyyy" I say to myself.  I happily circle around to go back for the picture.  I take said picture, and, who I assume to be the owner of toilet/flower pot, gets out of the car (I don't know why she was in the car.  It was not on, and had been sitting there for at least a few minutes now). This is what she says to me--no shit: "Hey you.  Whatcha took that picture fer?"  I say, "Because you have a toilet in your front yard. I like it."  Her, "Don't be a takin pictures of my property!"  Ok...I gave her a thumbs up and she gave me, well, a different finger up.  So now I have this life memory forever and ever.  Thank you, Ma'am.
I also kind of stumbled onto a bike/jogging path that went for at least 20 miles.  No traffic and the pavement was very good.  It was a nice change, but I kind of prefer the road because the cars give you something to look at and dodge.  Keeps it entertaining.
Also, I stopped for a coffee in someplace.  I was out by my bike drinking it and a 10 year oldish girl walked by (in Louisianian accent) and said, "Mister, that seat must be some kind of uncomfortable.  It is sooo small."  You have no idea sister.
I kind of realized after that, that either I broke the seat in or the seat broke my butt in because it doesn't really hurt too much anymore.
Well, that is about all for today.  I have about 540 miles to go.  I am thinking I should be done by Sunday or so.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, my husband is in that area. Unfortunately he is going west; otherwise I'd have him give you a lift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How rude! She must have thought you were a bill collector or welfare inspector! I've been trying to convince Jim that it's great yard art, but he's not budging. I do have a "garden tub" though!!

    ReplyDelete