Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 40--No Mas Pantalones





I started the day with a nice ferry ride across the bay to Fort Morgan AL.  During the ride I actually had to put my coat and beanie on because it was pretty chilly.  I assumed it was going to stay that way for the rest of the day--like it had in the past few days.  As soon as I got about a mile down the road though I started noticing that it was much warmer on this side of the bay.  So I took a layer off and kept going.  Within 20 miles I was down to just my shorts and bike shirt and it was still hot.  I had not been this bare in weeks!  It was very sunny and warm and humid.  I could actually feel the weight of the air around me.
There weren't too many big events today.  The Blue Angels were practicing above me for about an hour.  I tried to get a picture, but they were too quick.
I made it to Florida and all the way to near Ft Walton Beach where Hurlburt Field AFB is; my friend is stationed here and I am am staying with her.  It was my 3rd longest ride of the tour at 97 miles.  I was pretty tempted to go ride around the block a few times to get another century but meh...nothing to prove here.

1 comment:

  1. That is most correct my hero - you have nothing to prove. LYMI,

    ReplyDelete