Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 42--Does a Bear Dills Crap in the Woods?





I don't crap in the woods often, but when I do, I prefer the woods of northern Florida.
It was an emergency--it happened--enough on that subject.

Today was a productive day.  Made it 110 miles although about half a mile of that was from me going on a "shortcut" and having to double back.
On the map it looked like I could shave a few miles by taking a certain road.  It ran out of pavement though.  I looked at the dirt and thought I could still ride it.  I could!  For a few feet.  It then turned to beach sand and I almost crashed.  So I had to turn around back to the main route.
There was not much wind today until I had to turn north for about 10 miles and got hammered the whole way.  The road was in pretty good shape to awesome shape all day too.  Just a nice day of riding.
It looks like I have about 230 miles or so left to go.  I plan to try to do close to 100 for two more days and whatever is left on the 3rd day.  This is if everything  goes right though.  From past experiences, I know that things often don't go according to plan on the road.

1 comment:

  1. Bet you wish you'd found another one of those Cajun rest stop commodes today!

    ReplyDelete