Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 31--A Brisk Day of Conquering Texas and Frog Legs


It was cold today!  My phalanges were like little icicles all day.  I wore just about all the clothes I have.
I got out of Texas finally.  I have some good pictures but no service so they will have to wait.
I am now in Dequincy LA.  The accent of the people is amazing.  It is not southern, it is not anything but Louisianan.
For dinner I had some seafood.  It was not what I expected at all.  EVERYTHING was deep fried.  I had to ask the waitress a few times how to eat certain items.  One of them being the frog legs. I had never had them before now and I have to say they were not bad but not great either.  Kind of tasted like fishy chicken.
The plan was to camp out somewhere but it is soooo cold today I gave that idea up and got a room.
No dog chases and no flats today.  One interesting thing is I saw two toilets on the side of the road.  If I see more I will start a counter of commodes on the side of the road.

1 comment:

  1. Rattlesnake tastes like chicken too! Wonder how many other things taste like chicken. Fishy chicken is just nasty!!

    ReplyDelete