Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 41--Rest Day

Took one last rest day at my friend's place today.  She had to work all day so I just chilled out around the house most of the day.
When she and the kids got home we all watched movies and talked.  The kids are great and called me "Mr Grassface man" because of my little beard.  The little one fell asleep on me and I wish I got a picture of that.  A very cute girl and the the boy is a cool little dude.  Thanks to *Melissa for putting me up for two nights.
Thanks to Sgt Ramsey and Chief Boggs for their donations today.  They are both in Melissa's chain of command.  Thanks!
Tomorrow, I have a general idea of my route but no idea how far I will make it.  I am anxious to finish this thing so I I hope to cover some serious ground.  I figure I have about 4 more days or so....hopefully no more than that.  We will see what happens!


*A few years after I completed my trip Melissa passed away from cancer.  She fought to the end but now she is in heaven looking down on her beautiful kids.   She was only about 27.  A very sad thing but she did many good things in her short life.

No comments:

Post a Comment